Milford's Students and Transportation System
This photo was taken in the school year of 1948-'49. That's Supt H. H. Harnack standing at the very left of the scene. He was there for just a single school year. Across the schoolyard, in the southeast corner of the property, sits the house (upper right corner) that was used by the custodian of the school. This home was moved to the site in about 1946 and help was solicited from the shop students of the time to help with the foundation and plumbing. The house came from the south side of Sec 2 of Milford Twp. This home had been lived in by members of the Twedt family and was located about a short quarter mile east of what is now remembered as the Floyd Twedt family home. A picture and article by Arlen Twedt on page 91.